RELEASE AND PERMISSION FOR MINOR TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETIC EVENT
The undersigned, being the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of player/manager (listed previously), a minor, (hereinafter referred to as the Player), and being the person(s) fully responsible for the health and well-being of the Player in the event that his agreement is legally necessary to the binding effect of this release, do, for and in consideration of the Player being allowed to participate as a player/manager in the 2022 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Football Classic (hereinafter called the Game), to be played at Hancock Whitney Stadium in Mobile, Alabama, on December 10, 2022, and to also participate in the functions and activities leading up to and preceding the Game, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. The undersigned does hereby consent(s) to the Player playing in the Game and participating in practices and all functions and activities surrounding the Game.
2. The undersigned understands that the Player will be housed at a site in Mobile to be determined later during the week of December 6-10, 2022. It is further understood that the housing provider and other housing facility providers are only providing space and that all guidelines set forth by the Sponsor of the Game, AHSAA (hereinafter called the Sponsor of the Game) will be enforced within the lodging rooms and on campus, or at related areas and facilities. In addition, the undersigned understands that the housing provider and other facility providers accept no responsibility for the overseeing or chaperoning of the Player or any of the participants or staff members, nor does it assume or accept any liability for personal injury, loss of life, or damage to personal property.
3. The undersigned fully understands that practice facilities will be provided by South Alabama during the week of
December 6-10, 2022. It is further understood that these institutions are only providing practice space for the
Game and that all guidelines set forth by the Sponsor of the Game will be enforced on the practice
fields and on the campuses. In addition, the undersigned understands that South Alabama accept no responsibility for the overseeing or chaperoning of the Player or any of the participants or staff members nor do they assume or accept any liability for personal injury, loss of life, or damage to personal property.
4. The undersigned fully understands that services, including medical, transportation, food, entertainment, coaching, equipment supply and the like, will be provided to the Player by individuals and organizations to be selected by the Sponsor of the Game. It is further understood that these individuals and organizations accept no responsibility for and do not assume or accept any liability for personal injury, loss of life, or damage to personal property.
5. The undersigned fully understands and are aware of the risk of damage or loss of property, personal injury
or death involved in playing in the Game and participating in the functions and activities surrounding the
Game, including travel. Being fully aware of the risk involved, the undersigned do, for the undersigned
themselves, and for and on behalf of the Player himself, and for their personal representatives, heirs,
executors and administrators, agree to forever discharge, release, defend, covenant not to sue, hold
harmless and indemnify the following: the City of Mobile, the County of Mobile, South Alabama, Ascension
Providence Hospital-Mobile, the Mobile Sports Authority, Inc., the Alabama High School Athletic Association,
the Alabama High School Athletic Directors and Coaches Association, the Mississippi Association
of Coaches, the Mobile County Public School System, and any public or private school providing practice
facilities, Encore Rehabilitation, Encore Trainers, the coaches of the All-Star game teams and staff members,
and each of the officers, agents, directors, trustees, Boards of Directors, Boards of Trustees, servants,
employees, team physicians, team trainers, contractors and subcontractors of the foregoing, from and
against any and all damages, including attorneys’ fees and expenses, owing or payable on account of any
and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action of any kind or nature, arising out of or on account of
any act, or failure to act, of any person, including the Player, and occurring during the playing of the Game,
or while participating in any activities and functions surrounding the Game, and that result in personal
injury, death or property damage, whether such personal injury, death or property damage occurs to the
person or property of the Player, with or without his contributing fault, or to the person or property of
another and on account of or caused by a relevant act or failure to act of the Player himself.